Auger & Auger Disabled Scholar Award
Auger & Auger Attorneys at Law are proud to support the disabled students of America with the launch of their Semi-Annual Auger & Auger Disabled Scholar Award, awarded in both the Spring & Fall Semesters to one high-achieving, bright student intending to pursue an undergraduate college degree.
As a personal injury law firm, our attorneys frequently represent families who are coping with the aftermath of serious injuries and disabling impairments. We observe firsthand the unique challenges that disabled men and women face and see the strength and perseverance necessary to overcome expectations.As part of our efforts to give back to the disabled community, Auger & Auger is sponsoring a $1,000 scholarship, given twice a year, to assist with tuition and expenses at a qualifying undergraduate institution.
The Disabled Scholar Award is just a part of our efforts to be good members of the community and to give back to our fellow citizens. Our participation in Walk Like MADD’s 5K Fun Run helped raise awareness about drunk driving and with the Disabled Scholar Award, we hope to both raise awareness about the challenges disabled young people face while also helping one special young person to achieve his/her goals and dreams.
Applicants will be judged on their academic merits as well as the content of the application and essay they provide.
Deadline for Applications:
- Fall Semester – Applications due by July 31st
- Spring Semester – Applications due by November 30th
Applicant Essay Topics
Please choose one of the three topics provided for your essay. Essay must be between 500 and 1000 words:
- Describe a time in your life when you have overcome your disability to do something extraordinary.
- Describe what you have learned from living with your disability. How have those lessons prepared you for college and for what you plan to do after you complete your education?
- Applicants must be either a current graduating high school senior with acceptance to an accredited school or an undergraduate student at an accredited institution within the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an unofficial copy of their transcript.
How to Apply
To apply for the Auger & Auger Disabled Scholar Award, please fill out our online application.