Auger & Auger is proud to announce that Miles Rucker is one of the recipients of our 2018 Fall Semester Disabled Scholar Award. During the fall and spring semesters scholarships are presented by Auger & Auger to students throughout America who have exceeded expectations and worked very hard to overcome their disabilities. Additionally, recipients of the Auger & Auger Disabled Scholar award have achieved excellence in and out of the classroom and they make positive impacts in their communities. Recipients … Read more
- North Carolina had 1,441 traffic fatalities in 2016.
- There were 267,494 accidents reported in NC in 2016.
- The majority of crashes occurred between 7 a.m. and 6:59 p.m..
You shop for a vehicle with safety in mind. Whether you are looking for a family sedan or a sporty vehicle for yourself, you want to know that you are going to be protected when you travel down the road.
As North Carolina car accident lawyers, we know that people … Read more
- There were 4,464 crashes involving semi trucks in North Carolina in 2016.
- In 2016, there were 95 accidents involving trucks pulling two trailers.
- 1,256 people were killed in those accidents.
Truckers drive the road every day, and most do so with safety in mind. That said, driving on dry, even roads is a much different beast than driving over icy winter roads. When the weather takes a turn, driving challenges quickly rise, requiring a different skill set. Unfortunately, many drivers … Read more
If you are going to be participating in Halloween festivities this year, our Charlotte personal injury lawyers would like to take a moment to remind you that safety is everyone’s responsibility. Trick-or-treating is held at various times throughout the local area and adult revelers may be heading out later in the evening. Halloween is wildly popular and some people will start celebrating before the sun goes down. Here’s how you can help to make Halloween safe for … Read more
- Drowsy driving is estimated to cause up to 6,000 fatal wrecks each year.
- Commercial drivers may be more likely than Non-Commercial drivers to drive drowsy.
- People who snore or sleep 6 or fewer hours at a stretch are more likely to drive drowsy.
When you are involved in a car or big truck accident, you are understandably anxious. Due to the catastrophic and powerful nature of car and big truck accidents, victims are often left with severe physical injuries, … Read more
- 174 people lost their lives on as a result of workplace injuries in North Carolina in 2016.
- 59% of these injuries were caused by either transportation accidents or injuries involving other people or animals.
- Falls, slips, or trips accounted for 26 deaths.
People across North Carolina go to work every day. Unfortunately, there are numerous work-related Injuries that happen every day. Some of these injuries are minor and require little to no medical attention at all, while other injuries may … Read more
Auger & Auger is happy to announce that Amauri Bowman is one of the recipients of our 2018 Fall Semester Disabled Scholar Award. These $1,000 scholarships are presented twice a year to high-achieving students across America who have worked hard to overcome the perceived limits of their disability. They have achieved excellence in and out of the classroom, and they have made a positive impact on their community.
Amauri was born with sickle cell anemia, a blood disorder that can … Read more
- The number of hit-and-run accidents rose 50% in 2017 from the year before.
- There were more than 15,000 hit-and-runs in North Carolina in 2016.
- Hit-and-run accidents totaled 13,612 in 2015.
Car accidents are frightening and stressful. They are loud, they are fast, and they are terrible for all involved. No one leaves their home expecting to be involved in a collision that day. Unfortunately, no one can predict when an accident will happen. Your entire life can … Read more
- A woman in Los Angeles broke her arm in March after falling from a scooter.
- A woman at UCLA was knocked unconscious after being hit by a rider on a scooter.
- A woman encountered uneven pavement on a sidewalk in Santa Monica, falling off her scooter and breaking her arm.
Electric scooters have been in the news recently. No, they aren’t the hottest toy this holiday season, although Razor scooters are still popular among kids. These scooters are making the … Read more
Whether you are staying home or headed to the beach for one last glimpse of summer, Labor Day weekend means the roads will be busy in town and out on our highways. Everyone wants a safe weekend of great memories and of course no one wants to ever get injured in a car accident. With that being said, here are some reminders for all of the drivers out there that will be out and about over this Labor Day … Read more
Page 1 of 9412345...102030...»Last »