Though Black Friday and Cyber Monday have passed us by, the holiday shopping season is still in full swing. Whether you’re in Charlotte or elsewhere in the Carolinas this holiday season, remember that a lot of people will be out there on the road and in the stores with you as you look for gifts for your loved ones. With everyone out shopping unfortunately there is an opportunity for more people to be involved in car accidents and other situations … Read more
Busiest Holidays for Road Travel in the United States
- All holidays have a higher-than-average drunk driving accident rate of 30% or more.
- Warm holidays and especially 3-day weekends correlate with the highest driving risks.
- New Year’s Eve and Christmas have a lower-than-average fatal accident rate.
Holidays make most of us want to travel, whether it’s to see family or just explore somewhere new. This inclination makes the roads busier and consequently raises our risk of a getting in a … Read more
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. As it approaches, you may be thinking about cooking the family’s bird in a non-traditional way. Deep fried turkeys have become all the rage in the past several years and are tasty for sure.
Unfortunately, cooking the Thanksgiving “bird” in a fryer as opposed to an oven has caused quite a number of accidents across the country. If you will be deep frying your turkey this year, do so with these safety tips in … Read more
Thanksgiving is right around the corner. That means good food and good times with family and friends. But for too many, it also means an unfortunate trip to the ER. Though injuries can happen on Thanksgiving, they can also be avoided easily.
As Charlotte, NC personal injury lawyers, we’re all too familiar with the injuries that happen on Turkey Day. Though people can get injured in a variety of ways, it seems the most common reasons are food safety … Read more
Auger & Auger is proud to announce that Miles Rucker is one of the recipients of our 2018 Fall Semester Disabled Scholar Award. During the fall and spring semesters scholarships are presented by Auger & Auger to students throughout America who have exceeded expectations and worked very hard to overcome their disabilities. Additionally, recipients of the Auger & Auger Disabled Scholar award have achieved excellence in and out of the classroom and they make positive impacts in their communities. Recipients … Read more
- North Carolina had 1,441 traffic fatalities in 2016.
- There were 267,494 accidents reported in NC in 2016.
- The majority of crashes occurred between 7 a.m. and 6:59 p.m..
You shop for a vehicle with safety in mind. Whether you are looking for a family sedan or a sporty vehicle for yourself, you want to know that you are going to be protected when you travel down the road.
As North Carolina car accident lawyers, we know that people … Read more
- There were 4,464 crashes involving semi trucks in North Carolina in 2016.
- In 2016, there were 95 accidents involving trucks pulling two trailers.
- 1,256 people were killed in those accidents.
Truckers drive the road every day, and most do so with safety in mind. That said, driving on dry, even roads is a much different beast than driving over icy winter roads. When the weather takes a turn, driving challenges quickly rise, requiring a different skill set. Unfortunately, many drivers … Read more
If you are going to be participating in Halloween festivities this year, our Charlotte personal injury lawyers would like to take a moment to remind you that safety is everyone’s responsibility. Trick-or-treating is held at various times throughout the local area and adult revelers may be heading out later in the evening. Halloween is wildly popular and some people will start celebrating before the sun goes down. Here’s how you can help to make Halloween safe for … Read more
- Drowsy driving is estimated to cause up to 6,000 fatal wrecks each year.
- Commercial drivers may be more likely than Non-Commercial drivers to drive drowsy.
- People who snore or sleep 6 or fewer hours at a stretch are more likely to drive drowsy.
When you are involved in a car or big truck accident, you are understandably anxious. Due to the catastrophic and powerful nature of car and big truck accidents, victims are often left with severe physical injuries, … Read more
- 174 people lost their lives on as a result of workplace injuries in North Carolina in 2016.
- 59% of these injuries were caused by either transportation accidents or injuries involving other people or animals.
- Falls, slips, or trips accounted for 26 deaths.
People across North Carolina go to work every day. Unfortunately, there are numerous work-related Injuries that happen every day. Some of these injuries are minor and require little to no medical attention at all, while other injuries may … Read more
Page 1 of 9412345...102030...»Last »