- A woman in Los Angeles broke her arm in March after falling from a scooter.
- A woman at UCLA was knocked unconscious after being hit by a rider on a scooter.
- A woman encountered uneven pavement on a sidewalk in Santa Monica, falling off her scooter and breaking her arm.
Electric scooters have been in the news recently. No, they aren’t the hottest toy this holiday season, although Razor scooters are still popular among kids. These scooters are making the … Read more
Whether you are staying home or headed to the beach for one last glimpse of summer, Labor Day weekend means the roads will be busy in town and out on our highways. Everyone wants a safe weekend of great memories and of course no one wants to ever get injured in a car accident. With that being said, here are some reminders for all of the drivers out there that will be out and about over this Labor Day … Read more
- 4,976 motorcyclists lost their lives in accidents in 2016.
- These fatalities comprised 13% of all traffic deaths that year.
- 27% of motorcycle drivers who died as the result of an accident in 2016 were unlicensed.
The state of North Carolina has many laws on the books that relate to motorcycles. In general, these laws are enforced to keep motorcyclists safe. They also serve to keep passengers and other drivers on the road out of harm’s way. These … Read more
- Between 1990 and 2006, approximately 147,696 people were treated for golf-cart related injuries.
- Arm and hand fractures were the most common injuries, occuring in 41.3% of cases.
- Fractures to feet and legs were the second most common injuries at 37.9%.
According to the numbers, golf cart accidents have risen dramatically in the last two years. Visits to emergency rooms for injuries sustained in these accidents total in the tens of thousands. These vehicles are the preferred mode … Read more
- In 2015, 5,376 pedestrians were killed.
- In that same year, about 129,000 pedestrians were treated for non-fatal injuries.
- Pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely to be killed in accidents than those in cars.
Depending on where you live in the country, you may already be seeing school buses on the road. Some buses are transporting children, and others are practicing their routes. Kids will be returning to school in the next couple of weeks if they haven’t already … Read more
- There are 1.6 million accidents each year due to cell phone use behind the wheel.
- 263 teenagers aged 15 through 19 were killed because of distracted driving in 2016.
- According to the NHTSA, approximately 660,000 drivers use an electronic device behind the wheel every day.
People love technology. One of the latest gadgets that people can be seen sporting isn’t attached to their ear, but they wear it on their wrist. Yes, you guessed it, the “smartwatch” Once … Read more
David Belisle was killed in a motorcycle accident near Fort Mill, SC on July 21, 2018. The incident happened around 10:00 p.m. on S.C. 160 near the intersection with Sleepy Hollow Road. A 19-year-old Fort Mill man driving a 2015 Nissan sedan west turned left towards a private driveway and collided with the motorcycle that was heading east. WBTV reports that the deceased, Mr. David Belisle was riding a 2014 Harley Davidson and SC Highway Patrol report that he was … Read more
No matter where you live in the United States, ticks are out and about. Some states are experiencing record numbers of these tiny invaders. What used to be enjoyable walks in nature years ago are now wrought with worry about … Read more
- In 2016, there were 4,464 accidents involving semi trucks in North Carolina.
- There were 1,821 accidents involving trucks with three or more axles.
- There were 62 fatalities resulting from accidents with semi trucks.
Link: NC DOT Statistics
It’s not unusual to see the remnants of a big rig’s tires when you’re driving down the highway. Rubber scattered alongside the shoulder of the road is something many of us look at quickly and then don’t think about again. But what if … Read more
Hot summer temperatures mean that more people are outside enjoying activities. Sports, bicycling and even walking are popular near residential areas. Driving can be more hazardous in the summer than you may imagine.
People need to be on the lookout for one another in order for everyone to stay safe. When you slip behind the wheel in Charlotte or elsewhere this summer, keep in mind that you may be seeing more people out and about and this often means altering … Read more
Page 1 of 9312345...102030...»Last »