Mount Pleasant Police Accident Reports

The following detailed instructions are provided for locating a copy of your Police Accident Report in the city of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. If you need help interpreting your report, or would like to discuss the accident, get a free consultation by contacting Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers at (843) 751-4690! Reports are only provided to individuals directly involved in an accident. We do not provide reports to third parties such as attorneys, or insurance carriers.

How to Obtain Your Mount Pleasant Police Accident Report

One of the crucial pieces of evidence you will need to obtain is a Police Accident Report. There will generally be a notation by the Investigating Officer, indicating the party or parties who contributed to the cause of the accident. There may also be a diagram with drawn points of impact/damage to all vehicles involved.

The Mount Pleasant Police Department Records Division will help you to locate your police accident report. Crime and traffic collision reports for the preceding 14 days are maintained in the office and available once submitted by the investigating officer. There is a $5.00 fee per copy of the report, payable to The Town of Mount Pleasant.

By Phone

You may call the Records Division at (843) 884-4176. To expedite your call, be prepared to provide any relevant information you have pertaining to the accident; including your name, date of the accident, the report number (this is often given to you at the scene of the accident by the responding officer), and the location of the accident.

In Person

Mount Pleasant Police Department
100 Ann Edwards Lane
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

Hours: 24 hours a day

Days: 7 days a week

Note: All parties must pay the fee of $5.00 fee per copy of the report, payable to The Town of Mount Pleasant.

By Mail

Mail in a letter of request for your accident report along with a personal check for $5.00 payable to The Town of Mount Pleasant to the following address:

Mount Pleasant Police Department
Attn: Records Dept.
100 Ann Edwards Lane
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464

If the accident took place on the Interstate, you can obtain a copy of the police accident report by downloading this Request for Officer’s Report (SCDMV Form FR-50) from the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. Fill out the form as completely as possible and sign. Send 2 copies along with a check or money order payable to SCDMV for $6.00, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
P.O. Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

Free Consultation and Accident Report Review

Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers would be happy to assist you with interpreting your Mount Pleasant police accident report. Please contact us directly at (843) 751-4690 for a no-cost consultation!