Asheville Premises Liability Lawyer
When you visit a business or someone’s house, you usually don’t have the idea that you are going to have to protect yourself from getting hurt. Unfortunately, if you receive devastating injuries as a direct result of a property owner’s negligence in Asheville. They can acquire sizeable medical debt while recovering from these injuries, and they may even suffer permanent effects that lower their quality of life.
North Carolina laws require property owners and managers to maintain their properties in such a way as to prevent causing harm to visitors. Specifically, the law expects them to provide reasonable security, remove obstacles to safe access, identify and repair hazards within a reasonable time frame, and ensure generally that their property can be safe to the extent that a “reasonable person” could. In the event that a hazard or obstacle cannot be reasonably removed, the property owner or manager has a duty to at least warn visitors of the hazard.
Sadly, property owners in Asheville and throughout North Carolina don’t always fulfill these duties on a regular basis. Their irresponsibility can cause incidents that lead to major injuries — and sometimes even deaths.
If you or a close family member has been hurt on a business premises or private property as a result of negligence, you could be eligible to file a personal injury claim with the help of an Asheville premises liability lawyer. An injury settlement or court award provides compensation for all of your direct losses, including medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Speak to an experienced premises liability attorney in Asheville after your accident on someone’s property. We promise to fight for our clients’ rights to compensation from all liable parties to the fullest extent of the law.
Learn more about your legal options after your slip and fall in Asheville during a free, no-obligation consultation. To schedule your consultation now, call us at 828-222-7649 or fill out our simple online form.
Common Types of Premises Liability Accidents in Asheville, North Carolina
A premises liability case can involve any sort of incident where negligence or neglect has created a dangerous situation that then leads to an injury. While some accidents that happen on properties are relatively rare, others occur all too often.
Some of the most common types of injury-causing accidents that occur on properties in Asheville include:
Slip and Falls
- Wet or slippery floors
- Ice, snow, or runoff not addressed in a reasonable time frame
- Damaged or poorly maintained walkways
- Unsafe floor coverings, such as loose rugs or peeling tiles
- Uneven walking surfaces or stairways in violation of code
- Falling limbs or trees because of property neglect
- Tripping hazards placed in pathways without reasonable warning or removal
- Attacks by a dog known to be dangerous with a history of bites or aggressive behavior
- Attacks by animals not properly secured by a leash or roaming off the owner’s property
- Attacks by a dangerous breed, such as a Doberman, pit bull, German shepherd, chow, rottweiler, or Doberman
- Failure to provide adequate security and protection even after a known history of dangerous incidents
- Shootings, sexual assault, or other assaults where the owner knew or should have known of prior criminal activity yet failed to provide safety and security in a reasonable manner
- Shootings enacted by the child of a homeowner who failed to adequately secure handguns and firearms
Protect Your Rights with an Asheville Premises Liability Attorney
Proving that the owner or manager of the property where you were hurt was negligent can require a considerable amount of skill, experience, and knowledge of the law. Injury victims represented by a premises liability lawyer in Asheville stand a better chance at building a strong case that is more likely to be taken seriously by defendants, their insurers, and the court system in general.
If you have been injured and are facing resulting medical bills and other costs, know that you have an ally at Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers. We work hard to illustrate the direct role negligence played in our clients’ injuries, and we pursue the maximum compensation available under state and federal laws.
Reach out today to learn more about your potential case and what legal strategies are available. Our property injury lawyers in Asheville will guide you through the process during your free consultation when you call us at 828-222-7649 or by filling out our online form.