South Carolina Premises Liability Lawyer

If you have been injured on someone else’s property, your first call should be to a South Carolina premises liability attorney. It is possible that whomever owns or occupies the property may be responsible if there was negligence in maintaining the space in which your accident took place.

Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers can help you to determine whether there is the necessary evidence to pursue a claim and receive compensation for your injuries. Our experienced legal team will explain premises liability laws to you and will help you to work within the legal system to maximize the chance of receiving fair payment for your losses incurred. Let’s talk about how we can provide immediate guidance and help you answer the following key questions:

  • What are my rights after an accident on someone else’s property?
  • How can I obtain compensation after an accident on private property?
  • How can a South Carolina premises liability attorney help me?
  • What are My Rights after a Slip and Fall Accident on Someone Else’s Property?

When you suffer an accident on someone else’s property, you have the right to hold that person or company accountable — as long as you can prove that your accident was caused by their failure to exercise reasonable care.

If you were harmed while visiting a privately-owned commercial property, the property owner has the highest legal obligation to you and must inspect the property regularly, make sure it is safe, and warn you of any dangers. A South Carolina slip and fall attorney can provide insight into whether you have a case for compensation after an injury is sustained during the time spent on this property.

All property owners and renters have certain obligations, and the specifics of their duties are determined by premises liability laws. Even visitors to a friend’s property — whether invited or trespassing — have certain rights and can hold property owners accountable when poor property maintenance is the cause of their harm.  

How Can I Obtain Compensation after an Accident on Private Property?

A claim for compensation arising under premises liability laws can result in a civil lawsuit being filed in court. You will have to prove the extent of the property owner’s responsibility by showing why you were on the property, and also demonstrate that a failure to fulfill that responsibility was the cause of harm. You’ll also need to provide evidence for how badly you’ve been hurt so the court can award you fair compensation. A passionate legal advocate will certainly improve your chances of making the strongest case possible.  

Premises liability claims can also be resolved through an out-of-court settlement negotiated with the property insurer. A South Carolina slip and fall attorney from Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers can provide assistance negotiating a strong settlement so you can get the compensation you deserve without the additional stress of court action.

How Can a South Carolina Premises Liability Attorney Help Me?

In every premises liability case, having the right attorney makes all the difference. It can be complicated to prove that a property owner is to blame for injuries you’ve endured. Therefore, it is to your best advantage to have a premises liability attorney skilled in local laws and experienced with bringing these types of cases to a successful conclusion. Contact us for your free consultation, with no fees due until recovery!