Barnwell Police Accident Reports 

The following detailed instructions have been provided to us for locating a copy of your Police Accident Report in the city of Barnwell, South Carolina. If you need assistance with interpreting the report or would care to discuss your accident, Auger & Auger offers a free consultation by calling 803-470-5298. Reports are only provided to individuals directly involved in an accident. We do not provide reports to third parties such as attorneys, or insurance carriers.

How to Obtain Your Barnwell Police Accident Report

One piece of evidence that you will want to secure is your Police Accident Report; which is a compilation of the Investigating Officer findings. This report will be filed electronically and requires your participation to get a copy. There will generally be notations listing contributors to the accident, and a diagram or drawing may also be included — to visually define the point of impact and visible vehicle damages.

The Records Division of the Barnwell Police Department has provided us with the following details and points of contact to assist in the acquisition of your Police Accident Report. You will find specific instructions within the In Person and By Mail sections.

There is no fee charged for the Police Accident Report for involved parties.

Uninvolved parties must submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request Form, and may only obtain a redacted copy. You may download The City of Barnwell’s FOIAcomplete the form, sign, and send it to:

City of Barnwell


PO Box 776

Barnwell, SC 29812


City of Barnwell Police Department

Contact information only on this website, which is shown on this page.


By Phone

Inquiries further to the information on this page may be made by contacting the Records Division:

Phone: (803) 259-1838

Fax: 803-259-3309  

In Person

You may request your Police Accident Report in person, with your photo ID at the following address:

Barnwell Police Department

124 Burr Street

Barnwell, SC 29813

Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Days: Monday – Friday

Closed holidays

Note: For Interstate accident reports, see the DMV in-person and mailing instructions within the next section.

By Mail

You may request your Police Accident Report by sending a letter including the date of the accident, location, officer’s name, and your signature; along with a photocopy of your driver’s license to:

Barnwell Police Department


City of Barnwell

PO Box 776

Barnwell, SC 29812

Alternatively, if your traffic accident took place on the Interstate, you will need to download and mail in this Request for Officer’s Report (SCDMV Form FR-50) from the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. Fill out the form as completely as possible and sign. Send 2 copies along with a check or money order payable to SCDMV for $6.00, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
P.O. Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

DMV in Person: The Blythewood and Columbia (Shop Road) branches of SCDMV can also complete this request if you are able to visit one of the following offices in person. Simply click the link to view the physical address, business hours, phone number and wait times for each office:

Columbia Shop Road


Free Consultation and Accident Report Review

Contact Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers at 803-470-5298 for a no-cost consultation to discuss your accident and Barnwell Police Accident Report. The promise of an A&A Zero Fee Guarantee™ is offered with our legal services; no results, no money owed.