Forest Acres Police Accident Reports

The following detailed instructions are provided for locating a copy of your Police Accident Report in the city of Forest Acres, South Carolina. If you need help interpreting your report, or would like to discuss the accident, you can have a free consultation with Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers at (855) 971-1114! Reports are only provided to individuals directly involved in an accident. We do not provide reports to third parties such as attorneys, or insurance carriers.

How to Obtain Your Forest Acres Police Accident Report

After a collision, you may want to obtain your Police Accident Report, which is a compilation of the Investigating Officer’s findings. This report is filed electronically, and your participation is required to get a copy. There may be notations listing contributors to the accident. A diagram or drawing may also be included, to show the point of impact and any visible vehicle damages.

The Records Division of the Forest Acres Police Department has provided us with the following information and points of contact to assist in the acquisition of your Police Accident Report. There is a fee of $3.00 in cash or by money order (no personal checks), and they will also accept Visa/MasterCard/Discover cards.

Your Police Accident Report may only be requested in person or by mail (please see those sections below). You are required to fill out their Records Information Request form; if unable to come into the office, local residents may send a relative with your information and ID, but they will need to complete the information form for you. Note: copies for uninvolved parties may be redacted at the discretion of the records officer.  

If your request involves a criminal background check, you will be asked to additionally fill out a Freedom of Information Act FOIA Request Form, which is available in person or on the city website to download.  


Forest Acres Police Department

Forest Acres FOIA Form

The website above provides contact information only, while further detailed instructions on this page have been provided by the Records Division.


By Phone

Questions and further information may be obtained over the phone.

(803) 782-9444, ask for Records

In Person

The police department is located in front of City Hall, and Records is on the 1st floor, 1st window to the right.

Forest Acres Police Department

Records Division

5205 Trenholm Road

Forest Acres, SC 29206

Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm

Days: Monday – Friday

Note: For Interstate accident reports, see the DMV specific instructions in the next section.

By Mail  

Forest Acres Police Department

Attn: Records Division

5205 Trenholm Road

Forest Acres, SC 29206

You may request your Police Accident/Incident Report by sending a letter including the following information and items below. When the report is ready you will receive a hard copy by return mail:

  • Case #
  • $3.00 money order
  • Notarized copy of your ID
  • Date of accident
  • Involved person’s name
  • Involved person’s date of birth
  • Intended use for your requested copy  

Should your traffic accident have taken place on the Interstate, you may download and mail in this Request for Officer’s Report (SCDMV Form FR-50) from the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. Fill out the form as completely as possible and sign. Send 2 copies along with a check or money order payable to SCDMV for $6.00, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
P.O. Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

DMV In Person: The Blythewood and Columbia (Shop Road) branches of SCDMV can also complete this request if you are able to visit one of the following offices in person. Simply click the link to view the physical address, business hours, phone number and wait times for each office:

Columbia Shop Road


Free Consultation and Accident Report Review

Connect with Auger & Auger today at (855) 971-1114 for a free consultation to discuss your accident and Forest Acres Police Accident Report.