Mauldin Police Accident Reports

The information provided on this page includes complete instructions for locating a copy of your Police Accident Report for the city of Mauldin, South Carolina. If Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers can help to interpret your report and answer any questions you may have about the accident, please contact us for a free consultation at 864-991-3532! Reports are only provided to individuals directly involved in an accident. We do not provide reports to third parties such as attorneys, or insurance carriers.

How to Obtain a Copy of Your Police Accident Report in Mauldin, SC

After having been involved in a Mauldin accident, one of the most crucial documents you will need is a copy of your Police Accident Report. It will contain notations by the investigating officer, generally indicating the probable parties contributing to the collision. There may be a diagram of the intersection on which the officer has indicated the point of collision, and an outline of the vehicles to mark areas of damage.

The Mauldin Police Department Records Division gives the public access to copies of the Police Accident Report upon request at the window (see In Person location below) and also by mail (see By Mail section below). There is no cost in person for victims of the collision when showing proper identification; other non-involved parties must pay a $3.00 fee for each copy.


Mauldin Police Department Website

Note: The Police Accident Report is not available by online request.


By Phone

You are welcome to contact us for questions or additional information, but please note we do not accept requests for Police Accident Reports over the phone.

Mauldin Police Department

Records Division (864) 289-8919

In Person

Copies of the Police Accident Report may be obtained at the window during normal business hours; at no cost to victims; and $3.00 for non-involved parties.Mauldin Police Department

Records Division

5 East Butler Road

Mauldin, SC 29662

Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm

Days: Monday–Friday

Note: For Interstate accident reports, see the in-person instructions in the next section.

By Mail

Mauldin Police Department

PO Box 249

Mauldin, SC 29662

Police Accident Report copies may also be obtained by written request, with the case number or subject name along with the appropriate fee. The request will be processed and the report will be mailed back to the requesting party.  

If the accident has taken place on the Interstate, then a Highway Patrol Officer will have completed the Police Accident Report, and their report will have been filed directly with the South Carolina DMV. Follow these directions to obtain your interstate Police Accident Report:

  1. Request the Police Accident Report from SCDMV by downloading their Request for Officer’s Report (SCDMV Form FR-50).
  2. You will need 1 form for each report you are requesting.
  3. Fill out the form as completely as possible and sign.
  4. Send 2 copies along with a check or money order, payable to SCDMV for $6.00, to the address below:

Financial Responsibility
P.O. Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040

The Blythewood and Columbia (Shop Road) branches of SCDMV can also complete this request if you are able to visit one of the following offices in person. Simply click the link to view the physical address, business hours, phone number and wait times for each office:

Columbia Shop Road


Free Consultation and Accident Report Review

Defining the party at-fault is critical to the process of a personal injury case; be that another driver, the driver’s employer, or a vehicle manufacturer. Contact Auger & Auger Accident and Injury Lawyers direct at 864-991-3532 for a no-cost consultation to discuss your accident and Mauldin Police Accident Report.