Unfortunately, justice is not automatic, even when it’s clear you’ve been injured by another person’s carelessness.
The insurance company and their teams of well-trained claim representatives have one goal, to pay as little as possible, or even nothing on a claim. They use a number of textbook tactics in reaching this goal, but their number one tactic is to say and do whatever they can to prevent the injured victim from hiring a lawyer.
Reasons why you should hire an attorney:
- An attorney will know the true value of your case and make the insurance carrier pay more than they would have to if you were not represented.
- An attorney will help you prepare and participate in your recorded statement to the insurance company to make sure that your claim is not jeopardized.
- Unrepresented claimants are more likely to miss important deadlines which will void one or more of their claims under the law.
- Unrepresented claimants may not know their rights to certain claims or coverages afforded under the applicable policies and the law of their claim (i.e. medical payments, depreciation, punitive damages…)
- An attorney will properly compile and preserve evidence immediately following the accident to support your case under the law.
Injury claims can present unexpected and complex issues, and missteps can be costly. Missing legal time limitations or notice requirements pursuant to the terms of an insurance policy can prevent you from recovering on your claim. Likewise if you say the wrong thing to an adjuster in a recorded statement or just say it in the wrong way where is taken out of context, it can cause great harm to your claim.
These are just a few ways in which handling your case without an attorney can be a risky decision and produce an unwanted outcome. The system is stacked against unrepresented claimants. Insurance companies are in business to make money and please their shareholders. To do this, they make every effort to find reasons to pay as little as possible, or even nothing, on claims. They accomplish this by having their own attorneys on staff, and adjusters who are well trained in working the system to the advantage of the insurance company.
The Insurance Adjuster Is Not On Your Side
The insurance adjuster may be nice to you, but remember they work for the insurance company. Their job is to gain your trust so that you do not hire a lawyer and rely on them for advice which they will use to minimize your claim. Your attorney’s job is to protect your rights and to maximize the value of your claim. Generally, it is most advantageous to hire an attorney soon after an accident happens.
We Will Help You Win Your Case
Regardless of where in North Carolina that you live, the Auger & Auger attorneys are available to help you. Put our experience to work for you. While our seasoned team of attorneys handles your legal issues, you can focus on your recovery and returning to your daily activities. Our compassionate staff is available to talk to you right now. Should you hire our firm, we promise to work diligently to get you the settlement you deserve.
Take Advantage of Our Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured, please call us today for your free consultation. It won’t cost you anything to see if we can help. No matter where you are located in North Carolina, we are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. If we feel your situation will not benefit from our services, or that you can handle it on your own, we will gladly let you know.