Trouble in Toyland: Dangerous, Recalled Toys Are Being Sold Online and in North and South Carolina Stores
Author: Auger Law | December 15th, 2022
The holiday shopping season is upon us. However, reports indicate dangerous, recalled toys are being sold online and in North and South Carolina stores. To help parents avoid potentially harmful gifts, the “Trouble in Toyland” research group has released its list of recalled toys to avoid purchasing this year.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 200,000 children visit an emergency room each year due to toy-related injuries. Of these injuries, the most common are cuts, abrasions, fractures, internal injuries (choking and ingestion), and foreign bodies.
Note: If your child is injured by a toy, whether recalled or not, call Auger & Auger immediately. Our North Carolina and South Carolina defective product attorneys can help you hold toy manufacturers responsible.
16 Dangerous Recalled Toys to Avoid This Holiday Season
The following toys have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and can still be purchased online and in stores in North and South Carolina.
- Stashables children’s ramp set – lead poisoning hazard
- Tangame busy toy house – lead poisoning hazard
- Early Learning Centre little senses lights and sounds shape sorter toy – choking hazard
- Blue’s Clues ride-on toys – fall and injury hazard
- Kidoozie’s activity desk toy – entanglement and entrapment hazard
- Monti Kids toy box with bins – choking hazard
- Silicone baby toy bear activity toys – laceration
- Primark wooden xylophone toys – choking
- Jungle Jumparoo children’s toy – violates federal lead content ban
- Manhatten Toy Company’s activity loops toy – choking hazard
- Asweets wood baby activity push walker – strangulation hazard
- Asweets wonder and wise activity tables – choking hazard
- Monti kids wooden push toy – choking hazard
- B. toys Walk ‘n’ Learn wooden activity walker – choking hazard
- Stack Em’ Up Books stackable toys – violation of federal lead paint ban
- Koyo Bounca’s The Squish plush toy – choking hazard
If Your Child Has Been Injured by a Toy, Call Auger & Auger Immediately At (855) 969-5671
It’s always heartbreaking when a child is injured, especially when the injury comes from a gift. Unfortunately, defective and dangerous products are a reality and the best thing we can do is stay informed on the latest news on toy recalls.
If your child has been the victim of a recalled toy accident, the experienced Carolina injury attorneys at Auger & Auger are here to help. Our firm has helped thousands of accident victims and their families throughout North and South Carolina for over two decades. We are a compassionate group of attorneys who fight for our clients. We pride ourselves on providing superior service, individual attention to every client, and aggressive representation.
We offer FREE, no-obligation consultations to all potential clients. And, you don’t have to pay for anything unless we secure a financial settlement for you.